Tuesday, June 21, 2011

fathers day

We are the luckiest bunch on the planet to have such an amazing father and husband to celebrate this father's day {and every father's day...obviously, haha}. I mean the man puts up with me and my shenanigans on a daily basis and this my friends is not an easy task. we let dad go play gold at his favorite spot the MCC in millington and he lucked up and got to play with his old cove neighbors the Pattersons. .....But I'm getting ahead of myself......

First on friday night we treated us both to steak on the grill that was UBER yummy and put the kids to bed early. I would say all was well when we put the kids down but Campbell on Thursday had developed a fever virus that lasted 4 days. such a pitiful sad lil man he was.  We were suppose to go celebrate at the river but that stopped us in our tracks so we had to improvise the weekend plans, but somehow those always end up being the best weekends.  On Saturday Daddy stayed home with CJC and Airey and I went to the Big Backyard to celebrate Keaton's 3rd bday which was SO much fun and Airey I enjoyed our little date. I even broke him in right with a "quick" run to Josephs ;). Saturday afternoon we stopped by Mr. P's to treat Daddy to one of his favorite meals: hot wings! That night we watched movies and laid around ,which was super nice and relaxing. Sunday we cooked Daddy breakfast in bed and enjoyed the morning giving him handmade cards, a poem and staying in our pj's until he went golfing. I took the boys Sunday to putt putt driving range for Airey to hit balls, then to the arcade and snow cones all around. It really was a perfect weekend despite our fever virus. When life hands you lemons...make lemonade and thats what we did. Happy Father's Day to all the Dads! We wrapped up the father day festivities with Pops and Kitty over for din din Monday night and Airey of course showed off his golfing skills he has been fine tuning. It was good times had by the Coles. We love you Daddy!!!

No comments: