Monday, November 10, 2008

Congrats to Katie, Ed and Lewis....and some other things

This week was fairly non-eventful for us except for a big piece of news that came our way Tuesday night. We were watching a movie when Katie called and told me to check my email. She was short and offered no reason why or what I should expect. Just that I should check it. SE and I both thought it was very odd and wondered what on Earth it could be. Al Pacino could wait. We quickly grabbed the mac and logged on. The email was from KT with no header and no words, just a simple pic......




Lewis is a Big Bro!



That pic says it all. Congrats KT and Ed on Baby Thomas #2! Congrats Lewis on being a big bro! We are so happy for y'all and cant wait to meet him or her!



As for the rest of the weekend, SE had her first annual E.M.H.W.C. (East Memphis HouseWives Club) retreat with her friends Bonnie and Mary Beth. They met Mary Beth at the Alluvian in Greenwood and had Spas, Shopping and dinner at Lusco's. It was a well deserved getaway for SE and her first night away from Campbell since he was born! She relaxed and had a great time catching up with the girls.

A couple of funny stories from Greenwood.....SE was very impressed with the liquor store that opened your wine for you in the store (only in the Delta) and the stuffed squirrel hanging on the wall at Lusco's who wore an old school leather football helmet and smoked a cigarette (again, only in the Delta). If we had more liquor stores nice enough to uncork your wine for you and more restaurants with a football playing, cigarette smoking, stuffed squirrel mounted on the wall this world would be a much better place. Just my humble opinion :)


How about that! That squirrel can smoke a cigarette!
They call him "nutty" the squirrel. (A little Ron Burgundy for you...Ha)

SE going on the EMHWC retreat meant that I had Airey and Campbell to myself which also meant that it was a great time for a cookout at our house. Thankfully pops/kitty, the Glenns, and the Thomases (i never know how to pluralize Thomas! arggh) were not busy and happy to come over and keep us company. Airey and Lewis put in a couple of hours of playing and watching Diego before bed and Campbell took my pep talk to heart and took a long nap! A really really really long nap, as in he didn't wake up at all when everyone was at the house...there goes my plan of a sob story to SE about how rough I had it with the two of them. Damn.

With pops involved, there is never a shortage of great food. This was indeed the case Saturday as we pulled out the HastyBake and grilled bacon wrapped chops and a fabulous beef tenderloin. Cissa brought over some great sides and we had ourselves a feast. Very Good Times!


Congrats again to Ed, Katie, and Lewis. We are so happy for y'all.

1 comment:

Mary Beth Smith said...

OMG!!!!I can't take this blog!!!I almost shed a million tears everytime I log on! the music...the writing...the pics..I mean really roger get a book published already!!!I love ya'll!!!!