Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween, Campbell's Baptism, and the Rendezvous

Halloween weekend was a blast for the Cole's. Friday night we loaded the kids up and headed over to the Thomas home for some trick or treating and Red Beans & Rice. I don't know who enjoyed it more - the boys (Gray, Lewis, and Airey) getting to play together or the Grandparents (Pops/Kitty and Linda/Billy) getting to see the kids dress up for trick or treating. Or it could have been the parents getting to take the kids on their inaugural trick or treating adventure! I know everyone had a great time and KT and Ed proved to be fantastic hosts with a bouncy gym, basketball game, and some ridiculously good Red Beans & Rice -- and i would like to give a well deserved shout out to Aunt KT for cooking the red beans and making some nice looking Halloween themed jello and sandwich cut-outs. I was quite impressed :) !!! Desert was provided courtesy of SE who made her famous "boo" cakes. They were goo-ud!

Pics of Halloween night:






"How do you expect me to carve my pumpkin with this spoon?"




Campbell loves his mummy!




Gray Patterson mows it up!


Our Lil Golfer!



Airey's first trick or treat!




Evidence of a successful trick or treat!

Cousin Lewis found what he was looking for! Skittles!!!


Airey was a little hesitant to grab some candy out of this orange bowl.

He associates orange with the Vols! It's a common phobia amongst Cole men! ;)



The Thomas's enjoyed the festivities!

Pops and CJ! SE loooves it when you call him CJ ;)
Edit!!!! This is SE, I DO NOT, let me be clear, want anyone to call him CJ! Ha!





Saturday, November 1. This was a special day in the Cole household and in St. Louis parish as the Catholic church welcomed its newest member to the family in Campbell Jamison Cole. He was baptised by Father McArthur at St. Louis Church. Aunt Katie Thomas and Uncle Terry Cole were the Godparents and stood along side SE and I as Father baptised Campbell. The ceremony was witnessed by friends and family and a reception was held afterwards at our home. My wife, ever the hostess, prepared a wonderful spread and designed a beautiful table for the occasion. She made some of "mimi's famous mini biscuits" with Canale's ham for the main course. It was a great reception! Thanks to all who attended and made this such a special day for us! Pics below:







Father McArthur baptising Campbell!





The Cole/Thomas Family



The Cole/Ruth/Rollins Family






Godparents Katie and Terry with Campbell





Our Family! (Campbell likes to fur that brow!)





The rest of Saturday afternoon was spent hanging out with family. Mimi and GG took Airey on multiple strolls through the neighborhood and the weather could not have been any better. There was lots of football to be watched and listened to for SE, Grandaddy and myself. They cheered the Rebels on while I listened to Jack Cristil call another Bulldog loss. This one a little more heartbreaking than the others. A missed extra point and FG cost the Bullies the game. Seriously, you're an SEC team and you cant get a kicker to make an extra point or 27 yard FG. UGH!!!


Saturday night we went to the Rendezvous for my birthday! It's my favorite restaurant and we usually go there sometime around my bday. Its a great time to get together with friends and family and enjoy good ribs, cheese plates, and cold cold cold Michelob! For those of you who have never been there, you should go. Click here to get to their website.


We had a great time seeing everyone and catching up! It's definitely one of my favorite "traditions" and I never pass up a chance to visit with friends and fam over a slab of ribs and some cold beer. Good Times!



The table at The 'Vous




Me and My Bride



Rog and Adam


I know the post was long, but we had an action packed weekend. Cheers until next time.

3 comments:

Lain and Tatum said...

What a special day for Campbell. Georgia was baptised on Sunday! Love all the pictures and hope to see y'all soon!

Amy said...

I love all the pictures! Congrats to Campbell on his Baptism. I know that was a special day for you guys. Happy belated Birthday again Roger. We wish we could have made that annual Rendezvous dinner. Amy and Matt

Jody A said...

Great pic's Rog and SEC! I know it was a very special day for Campbell, and hate I missed out on the Rendevous!!

JA