Sunday, April 19, 2009

Distressing and a Wedding....

foot board....i have had this bed 11 years, it was a dark cherry finish....wha-la!
now a navajo white....i love it with new new accent fabric for pillows and bed skirt!



hello! ok, i have a new obsession and i think i really might start doing this on on the side. It all started when we needed a t.v. stand for our bedroom and i couldn't find what i wanted...imagine that, or the price tag was WAY out of my $ range. So we needed something temporary from around the house, so we decided to bring our desk downstairs, Ah-ha! thats it! It fit perfect. I decided I would paint and distress the desk...So i did and then got on a roll. I got Roger to take apart the bed Friday at lunch and had painted the desk, queen bed and distressed them all by 6pm...I hate to brag but they honestly look like they are just really old, but fabulous! I have found A NEW talent and calling! Roger got crafty and took the drawer off the front of the desk drilled out a hole and put brackets to suspend the Directv box so it fits in perfectly....so we have a whole New look to our bedroom for about $21.95! WOW!

saturday night was sophie kauerz wedding and that was a blast! pretty rainy but they say that is good luck :). She looked beautiful and I just love going to weddings to remind me of when Roger and I took our vows and to see two people be so madly in love like we were and still are on their wedding day always makes me smile (and cry....I do at every wedding during the vows..i cant help it!) We even got to cut a rug and catch up with old friends! until next time....the coles


1 comment:

Mary Beth Smith said...

WOW! Post a pic so I can see!!!